Internship opportunities at the Permanent Mission of Cyprus to the UN, New York
The Permanent Mission of Cyprus to the United Nations in New York is seeking applications for unpaid internships, for periods ranging from 3 to 12 months. Eligible candidates must be citizens of a European Union Member State.
Candidates must have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of Greek is desirable, but not a prerequisite.
Applicants should either hold a university degree, or equivalent qualification, or be currently studying at graduate level. Priority will be given to candidates with qualifications in the following or related fields: Political Science, International Relations, European Studies, Law or Economics.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in international affairs, the European Union and its policies and the work of the United Nations.
Successful candidates will work alongside diplomatic staff and will have the opportunity to gain unique experience in the work of the United Nations, inter alia through:
- Attending and reporting on meetings at the United Nations and the EU Delegation to the UN, on a broad range of issues within the scope of the work of the UN.
- Assisting and supporting the Mission’s diplomatic staff in their everyday tasks.
- Conducting research and preparing memos on UN-related issues.
- Helping with outreach activities and any other events.
Confidentiality, good analytical, communication and organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure and as part of a team, resourcefulness and integrity are essential qualities for successful candidates.
To apply, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact details of two referees OR Letter of Recommendation.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to interview.
The Permanent Mission of Cyprus does not provide any medical insurance during the internship.